Skip to main content

Fuel Prices Anatomy Of Rich & Poor



I own a car. Having said that, in my country, India, am considered to be a rich person. Not that I can be compared to any millionaires out there, neither my name features in Forbes list of richest people, but yes I am considered rich. If I have to look at myself, my richness depends on how often I drive my car and how much distance I cover running my car on “Petrol”. Oh, by the way, did I mention, I own a “Petrol” version of my car! Well, am half way through to flaunt my richness, or at least that’s what people around me, might hold an impression about me.

India, off course, is a developing country, and some may think that it already has developed to an extent, considering the gasoline prices in my country, and how quickly people get adapted to the rising trend of it, and still continue shelling out, whatever big bucks, petrol companies may ask us to empty our pockets. By now I guess you people might already have understood the target here. For those who haven’t got it yet, yes, I am talking about “Petrol” and its continuous “Price Rising” trend. Yes it always has been in the rising trend, at least in my country.

I have been riding stuff that requires petrol as its fuel to move, since around twelve years now. I started with moped, jumped into bikes, and then finally behind the steering of magical invention by mankind, car! I have been driving cars since 9 years now. I have started paying 45 per Liter for when I began this journey of stopping using my legs and borrow two and four wheels to take me and my load. Today, I am still doing the same, only with few changes though. Not much has changed, I have only changed my set of wheels from old four wheels to new four wheels time to time, however, one thing that has majorly changed is, off course the petrol prices which now stands at 75 a liter!

While sitting at a regular joint, I happen to notice an Audi R8, A BMW, Mercedes are now a common thing and last but not the least saw a Lamborghini all in the matter of two hours, I was there. That off course were rich boys toys. And off course I don’t belong to the elite list. Amongst all this, When I look everyday around me, people simply keep driving cars that are low on mileage, not for some actual work, but just to race vehicles, burn rubber and perform stunts, that drinks down a gulp of petrol in those petrol thirsty engines.

Obviously that’s not the only thing I see around me, I do see people who ride bicycles, people who drag loads of stuff on back of some wooden cart, dragged by a man with a pair of bare feet under the pure love showered by Sun who kisses the bare feet man directly, no conditions applied. Not only the sun shines its rays brilliantly, but the clouds, the chilly winds of winter, the very tasty dust and the blanket of humidity, all of these gets all the kind of things on that man’s body hugs him like it’s never going to leave him.

I am not trying to judge anyone here, neither I am trying to say that being and born rich, or being and born poor is a lucky or unlucky chance one has got, am just trying to say that if that rich boy there would have just considered a little bit about the poor man, that he also sees around him but chooses to ignore, then probably the poor man out there could have afforded at least a moped. By this statement, I mean to say if every one of us, who by the way, can afford this precious liquid, just try to save a minor bit of it, we could all together bring down the crude oil prices so that we don’t have to constantly keep thinking, what if the price goes up tomorrow again, how will I afford my comfortable ride to everywhere I go.

Petrol in my opinion will always remain precious in my country. All other precious things maybe high in terms of emptying our pockets and keep rising but they do manage to put that hole only one too many times, but Petrol here is that one liquid gold that will keep us emptying our pockets with its insane rates and the way it has gained control over us over the period of times.

Hope one day I can actually write about the decreasing price trends of this precious liquid, which might just bring a big broad smile on the forced-to-think faces who are reading this.

Comments

  1. Too Good... Petrol indeed is a liquid gold and no one can do without it.. It's a basic necessity of every one in this fast life...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Love You, As A Friend, And More..

Smile! A Tear's Point Of View!

Up's And Down's - A Story!