Anytime, Everytime! “Maggie”


Its 00:35 and I suddenly realized that am hungry. Well not that I can blame my mom for that. I went out some of my friends for a hangout, and out of pure smartness and utter belief that I would have my dinner out with ‘em, I cancelled my guaranteed dinner at home. Well thanks a lot to the undecided movie and the longer than expected drive and fun session, that was too good to end! After having a sandwich and a not so fulfilling burger, I realized that suddenly we are not having dinner out and instead going for the unplanned movie. The “unplanned” plan did sound good, except for one problem, I had already informed at home, “Mom I am having dinner out and please don’t make anything for me tonight”!


Just before the movie, we had something like 20 minutes, so we decided to have something for the time being. So what we did, is we decided to grab something of the regular streets, and luckily we could quickly grab some fast chinese! By the way I love chinese, so it was good enough for me! Well all that stuff did fill me up for a certain period of time, that immediately proved the fact, that grabbing something when you are hungry, can really give your stomach the illusion of being filled. Having said that, my turmoil of being hungry was over, well let’s just say over for the time being!



After the movie, I started to feel hungry again, and I was hoping that I would go home and as mom to make me something to eat, and while I was thinking that thought in my mind, here I am, getting a call from my best friend’s fiancée to meet him! Now to that, I was in no position to deny that meeting, as I haven’t met him almost two months!!! So I gave a rest to my thought and I went to meet him. Spent around half an hour more to my already existent hunger thought and calmed my stomach again by making it feel that “alright buddy in sometime you are going to get something”!



Enter home, and I found my mom already sleeping, that suddenly broke all the happy hopes that I had inside. Pretty disappointing fact that I had to accept. I started to think that I have a long night to go and I don’t have anything in my stomach to make the rest of the night sound any more interesting. While thinking, I found my savior! It was “Maggie”!! I don’t know if the rest of the world agrees to this fact or not but I definitely believe, that Maggie is that one packaged food, that has saved me and many of the friends around me, perhaps a lot many all over India!!



Maggie is that one food that has always rescued in the time of distress and lack of options, which I believe most of us always run out off! Its plain noodles after all but I don’t know what makes it so special that almost everyone in India knows this one product, that they can trust and can use to fulfill hunger anytime, anywhere! Maggie is one product, that is used in lunch boxes of small kids, to the cafeterias of corporate giants! Whether it is served as mom made or it is served by the vendors on the streets! Hell, there are businesses that run on the streets with at least 10 varieties of the same good old Maggie!



I don’t know who earns what out of this product or how is it helping the manufacturer to gain those big bucks out of this, neither I care about the fact that Maggie has been modified over the couple of years, trying to bring more and more flavors and trying to change the cover of the product with fancy prints! All I care and love, is that I love my Maggie and I would never ever want it to get discontinued, for the simple reason that, there won’t be any other better food product, especially in noodles, that will ever hit the markets!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love You, As A Friend, And More..

Smile! A Tear's Point Of View!

Up's And Down's - A Story!